Antigua Guatemala Retreats San Juan del Obispo in Antigua Guatemala
Casa San Juan provides an intimate setting for small groups. The space is perfect for a yoga or wellness retreat, a writing workshop or a cooking weekend. As a group leader, you may want to teach all of your own classes or you might want to collaborate with Ginger (or Melany) for a couple of classes during your stay. (See the Yoga page for a list of Ginger’s workshop offerings.)
We also invite you to nurture yourself through the gift of a personal retreat. Awaken a more balanced, vibrant you through rest & relaxation, nutritious food, yoga, and exploration (if you choose) of Antigua’s many scenic offerings.
Casa San Juan provides an intimate setting for small groups. The space is perfect for a yoga or wellness retreat, a writing workshop, a cooking class (in a fabulous kitchen!) or any type of group activity. We sleep up to 16 in shared accommodations and can serve up to 24 people in our yoga room and dining area. Our food is fabulous and we can offer three vegetarian meals daily. We can help you plan visits to local villages, Mayan ruins, Lake Atitlan, and more.
Taking time for yourself is the best gift you can give.
You can lead a workshop, class or retreat in a magical setting unlike any other. San Juan del Obispo is named after the 16th century bishop who built a monastery on the volcano, Agua. He must have recognized the enormous positive power of the place. With a view of three nearby volcanoes, coffee-planted mountainsides, a verdant garden and Antigua twinkling down below, you can give your group an experience they will never forget.
The setting is perfect for classes in yoga, meditation, cooking, writing, art... just about any endeavor you might want to share.
What we can provide for your group
- Shared accommodations for your guests (up to 16 people in 6 units)
- Use of our yoga space // dining hall // outdoor seating areas
- Fast, reliable wifi in the main house and outdoor patios
- Assistance in coordinating transportation & day-trips/tours for the retreat
- We’ll gladly list your retreat information on our social media platforms and website
- 24-hour self service tea and fruit bar, local coffee, and unlimited purified drinking water
- Our food is prepared fresh every day, with love and consideration. We use as much local, organic produce as possible
- We will accommodate the dietary requirements of your group and can adapt menus to your needs (gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and vegetarian options available)
- Laundry service available. $1 per pound
- Daily cleaning service with sheets changed every three days
- Airport transportation available
Visit our calendar for workshops and actvities at Casa San Juan.
We appreciate your preference in staying at Casa San Juan. These are some of the services available for you during your stay.
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Outlying Village and Mountain Tours
- Zipline and Coffee Plantation Tours
- Colonial Church Tour
- Massage (various types available)
- Ayurvedically inspired lunch and dinner available
- Tour of the local village church and palace
- Information about local restaurants (and in Antigua)
- Information about art galleries
- Taxi, shuttle and bus service
- Calendar of Local Events (in the village and Antigua)
- Ayurvedic consultation (with appointment)
- Internet in main house
- Purified Water System for whole property
- 24 hour tea and fruit bar
- Telephone (and a couple of flip phones for your use if needed)
- Art by John Maxon & local artists